Okay, here are the 25 items to keep in stock in your kitchen…according to the Hill’s. We normally have these at all times, which means we can whip up a variety of meals.
In no particular order…
- Broth (beef and chicken)
- Oil (Olive, Veg, Canola and Peanut)
- Protein (In the freezer…Chicken, Shrimp, Pork Tenderloin, Ground Beef/Turkey Etc. buy when it’s on sale)
- Rice (A Variety, we buy Yellow Rice, Rice Pilaf etc)
- Cream of ….soups
- Salt and Pepper
- Garlic Powder
- Garlic (minced, in the jar. Big fan)
- Frozen biscuits
- Frozen Veg
- Bread Crumbs ( we normally have plain, Italian, Panko)
- Parmesan Cheese
- Wine (red and white, for cooking, not drinking)
If I had to add a 26th it would be either a jar of Nutella or hot chocolate for the sweet cravings.
Seriously, if you have these items you can create a lot of different things. Some may not be too fancy, but they are great meals. I say buy the items and get creative…that’s what we do.
Oh, and we ALWAYS have Triscuits, the Rosemary and Olive Oil kind. I am seriously addicted.
And this is how we spend time in the kitchen…
What is your “must have” in the kitchen? Is it something other than what I mentioned?
(Photo props to Vanessa Schrotenboer)